Gavin Wedell made a cute little video that explains that there is a need to change, but it is hard to handle it.
In our globalized world oganizations have to deal with continually shifting:
- Market conditions
- Customer demands
- Input costs
So organizations have to readapt their business models. But there is a problem with change: “[…] people who have been doing things a certain way for a long time […]”, do not want to do things differently.
To manage change successfully Gavin Wedell recommends
- Communicate the threat of not changing
- Involve your Team in decision makin (when possible)
- Minimize uncertainty
- Celebrate successes in moving towards the goal
- Keep explaining the reasons to change
- Be as transparent as possible
Thank you Mr.. Wedell!